Overview: The Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (FIPRS) are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a research higher degree at Flinders University.The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study and must be commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
Study Level: Masters/PhD
Area of Study: Full-time Research Masters or Research Doctorate Degree offered at Flinders University
- The FIPRS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree.
- In addition, Flinders University provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $26,288 (2016 rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually.
- An FIPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
How to Apply: All applicants are required to read the application guidelines provided before submitting an application.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Download the application form for this scholarship scheme.
- Download Application Guidelines
- Download Publication Forms
- Download Referee Report
- Download Ranking Guidelines
Deadline: 12 August 2016
Website: More Info