Overview: The MasterCard Foundation is pleased to announce the availability of The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at various colleges in USA. This prestigious scholarship recognizes severely disadvantaged international students from Sub-Saharan Africa who show outstanding academic and leadership abilities. Those considered for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program demonstrate high academic achievement, exceptional records of service and activity in their schools and communities and/or the potential for meaningful community service through engagement as leaders in dynamic local and global social change efforts. In addition to financial support, students are provided with a comprehensive support network that includes an array of mentoring and support services to ensure each student’s academic success, community service engagement and transition to socially relevant employment opportunities.
Study Level: Bachelor/Masters/PhD
Area of Study: Any Degree
Scholarship Value: Equivalent to costs related to the attainment of a degree (includes travel, tuition, housing, food, living expenses, and experiential learning abroad, and cohort signature programs)
Requirements: Verification of disadvantaged financial status
Academic achievement and potential
Demonstration of service and leadership in school and/or community and motivation to give back
Motivation and commitment to return to Africa after graduation
How to Apply: Apply and be admitted into a degree seeking program as a full-time international student at one of the selected colleges.
Complete the Scholarship Application Form.
Print the Recommendation Form and give it to the person who is familiar with your history and potential to use your education to make a social impact.
• African Leadership Academy, South Africa
• Ashesi University, Ghana
• American University of Beirut, USA
• Arizona State University, USA
• Camfed , USA
• Brac, Uganda
• Duke University, USA
• Earth University, Costa Rica
• Forum for African Women Educationalists, Kenya
• Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana
• Makerere University, Uganda
• McGill University, Canada
• Michigan State University, USA
• Stanford University, USA
• University of British Columbia, Canada
• University of California, Berkeley, USA
• University of Pretoria, South Africa
• University of Toronto, Canada
• Wellesley College, USA
• University of Cape Town, South Africa
Nationality: Citizens of Sub-Saharan Africa
Deadline: Varies depending on the college, usually December to March every year, please check with your desired college.
Website: More Info